Top 50 JAzz Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Jazz and hip comedy. April 11 Radio show


"What, me? Worry. Jazz and hip comedy." 6-7 PM WZBC 90.3 FM, stream:  
Featuring Lenny Bruce, Nichols and May, Shelley Berman.

My apologies for not posting the audio file. It was recorded with distortion. Ugh. Here's the playlist:

The Duplex Mystery Jazz Hour (Specialty) with Steve Provizer 04/11/2013 06:00PM to 07:00PM

Clifford Brown “Tiny Capers”

Bob Newhart “Abe Lincoln” from The Button Down Mind Of

Jack Sheldon “Contour”

Lord Buckley “The Train” 

Lambert Hendricks and Ross “Charleston Alley” 

Mike Nichols And Elaine May “Telephone” from An Evening With Mike Nichols and Elaine May

Randy Weston “Lifetime” 


Lenny Bruce “How to Relax Your Colored Friends at Parties” 

Sonny Rollins "Rockabye Your Baby"

Shelley Berman “Woman Hanging From a Ledge” 


George Carlin “Modern Man”

Betty Carter “Frenesi”

2 comments:

Andrea DeLesDernier said...

I could die that I missed this. Just discovered your blog. Let me know if the podcast is posted anywhere.

Steve Provizer said...

Andrea-I'm glad you did find it... Most unfortunately, the recording of that show has enough distortion in it to render it unlistenable. I do plan on a follow-up show, though, so stay tuned.